Please read the following carefully. You are entering into a hire agreement. If you don’t understand anything in the agreement, please contact us
- I understand that all deposits are non-refundable as they are used to hold a specific date and time as per client request.
- I agree that this costume is to be hired for an agreed period of time- 48hours
- I agree to be liable for an extra charge per day if the costume is not returned at the agreed time and date.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure the costume is kept neat and safe at all times.
- I agree to return the costume in a good condition suitable for re-hire
- I understand that I am responsible for any damage caused throughout the time the costume is in my possession
- I agree that if the costume is damaged beyond repair, I will be liable for a total cost of £150 per costume.
- I understand the mascot must be accompanied by a chaperone at all times when being operated.
- I understand that any injury caused by the costume is my responsibility and not that of Land of Giggles or any of its employees.
- I understand that smoking in the costume is not allowed at any time.
- I agree that no face –paints will be used near the costume or be worn by the mascot operator as it can leave a permanent stain on the equipment
- I agree that costume is not to be worn outside in wet conditions
- I understand that payment for any rentals must be made at least 7 days before the event.
- I understand that goods will not be dispatched unless cleared payment has been received and no refund will be given for hire fees of costumes not dispatched due to this.
- I understand that if I cancel in less than 72 hours before the event, deposit paid will not be refunded.
- I understand that i will be asked for ID and deposit before mascot is released for hire
Manned Mascot and Chaperon
- I understand that I can choose between a 30minute and 1 hour slot for the manned mascot to entertain.
- I understand that manned mascots will only be present for the agreed time slot.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure the venue is set for the arrival of the mascot and chaperone.
- I understand that the mascot and chaperone will have a 10 minute break during a 1hr slot and therefore will be present for a total of 70minutes.
- I understand that a one off fee of £10 is chargeable if the venue is outside of 5 miles from Manchester city centre.
Local deliveries will be done by Land of Giggles unless otherwise stated. There is a one off charge of £10 for delivery and collection within Manchester. Costumes will not be delivered unless signed for by a person at the delivery address. Should no-one be available to receive delivery then the hire fee will be lost. For local deliveries we may make a subsequent delivery attempt where practical however this will incur an extra fee of £10.
All quotes unless specified are for UK MAINLAND ONLY delivery to Highlands and Islands will be more. When delivery shall be deemed to occur by Land of Giggles, the goods will be delivered to the hirer at the location agreed on the booking form contract from 8am to 6pm on the day BEFORE the hire day (unless otherwise advised or due to holiday). When collection shall be deemed to occur from the client, the goods will be collected from the hirer at the SAME location as delivery 8am to 6pm on the day after the hire day (unless otherwise advised or due to holiday). If the hirer is unable to accept delivery or collection at the agreed times, and if this results in a delay in collection Land of Giggles will add a £10 fee for every day the goods are unreturned. If the Hirer fails to respond to contact Land of Giggles about damage to a returned costume, Land of Giggles shall after 48 hrs deduct the deposit and refund the excess (if any remains). Collection from a different address is subject to a £5 admin fee.The client may receive texts from the courier to give advisory times for delivery and collection. These are advisory only and Land of Giggles cannot be held responsible for variations to these delivery times. The client must not reschedule the delivery directly with the courier via text or phone in any circumstances. Delivery and Collection dates are non-negotiable without explicit consent in writing from Land of Giggles
If delivery shall be deemed to occur, the risk of loss or damage of any kind in the goods shall pass to the Hirer on delivery (whether or not a carrier be the shops agent or servant).
In the event that the shop shall at the request of the Hirer arrange for the goods to be dispatched or dealt with otherwise than by collection by the Hirer or instruction by Land of Giggles, the Hirer shall pay to the shop the shop's reasonable charges for the provision or procurement of such services including any reasonable carriage insurance costs. In the event of delayed collection be it the cause of the hirer or not, the hirer must assist Land of Giggles to return the mascot to the shop. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the hirer is available to sign for the courier on days other than agreed in this contract.
The Hirer shall carefully examine the goods on receipt of the same and shall immediately notify the shop of any defect within 4 hrs of receipt of goods. In the absence of any such notification the shop reserves the right to reject any claims arising out of the defect which may affect the hirers deposit. In the case of goods delivered to the Hirer otherwise than by collection by the Hirer or the Hirer's agent or servant, receipt for the purposes of this sub-clause shall be deemed to take place the day after the goods are dispatched from the shop. The hirer is solely responsible for ensuring the return mascot container is secured and addressed correctly with the means supplied and instructed e.g.: cable ties. Failure to do this may result in damage of the packaging and mascot on the return courier service. If this is deemed to occur the responsibility falls to the hirer to pay for reparation of damage and the deposit may be deducted accordingly in such a case. The Hirer is fully responsible for obtaining a receipt proof of collection for the return of the Mascot to Land of Giggles.